Creating an online dating profile is tricky; sometimes we overthink it so much that it can lead people away from you rather than attracting them. I have some tips to keep in mind so that you can put forward the best first impression possible. These tips are simple and will teach you how to create a great online dating profile that attracts attention!
How to create a great online dating profile
- Before you even begin writing a dating profile you should have a good idea of what you’re looking for in a date or in a relationship. You should also have a general idea of what type of person you are looking for. Take some time to think about your expectations and be honest and open about what you’re looking for!
- A picture says a thousand words, so make sure you pick a good one of yourself. Don’t choose a photo that is sloppy; you don’t want to be wearing sluggish clothes or scruffy tops. Make sure you look well put together. Sexy pictures are fine too, but be aware of the message that you’re sending. If you’re looking for more than just a hookup, try to keep it on the classier side.
- Choosing the right picture is so important when it comes to online dating. An action shot can be a great way to show off your personality as long as you don’t disappear in the photo. You want to stand out and a shot like this shares something that you’re passionate about. For example, a good action photo could be of you doing your favourite hobby or from a recent vacation. These make for excellent conversation starters.
- Make sure your smile is genuine! Don’t fake your smile or try too hard because a smile says so much about you!
- If you need to, ask a friend to help you pick some of their favourite photos of you. They know you best and will help you get a great outside opinion on what your pictures say about you. Let the photos tell the story of who you are!
- Pick a catchy username! If you’re more comfortable using a variation on your name, that’s fine, but if you choose to create a username make sure it’s catchy because this will help you stand out. It can describe your personality, be related to an activity you love, or something else that says something about you – whatever it is, just make sure you take the time to think about it before choosing one.
- Beef up your profile. The combination of a great pic, a fun username and a well thought out headline increases your chances of catching someone’s attention. When it comes to the bio, keep it short and sweet. People tend to quickly scan through profiles and they look for instant gratification. Focus on what makes you unique. Check out other dating profiles in your demographic; is there something you can highlight that no one else is talking about?
- You want to use a script of words that describe your true self. Try to catch attention in just a few short sentences. For example, ff you think you’re funny don’t just say “I’m funny” – prove it! Write down something that will make readers laugh. Express your values and interests, use descriptive langue and avoid clichés! It is very important to be real because if someone is interested in you then you meet in person and you aren’t who you say you are in your profile this could lead to an awkward date!
- Last, but not least, the ending of your profile should be enticing. It is your call to action, so make sure you end with something that will make someone want to contact you. For example, if you recently won a hockey tournament you could end with “I recently won a hockey tournament and would love to win you over too! If you’re into catching a sports game, hit me up and we could go together!” Have fun with it!
I hope you will find these tips helpful when building the perfect dating profile! Don’t be shy, don’t be fake, just be you!
Have other questions on how to create a great online dating profile or how to get back in the game? Check out my date coaching services today!