Now, if you’re already in a relationship, you might be looking to heat things up a bit. We tend to get comfortable and fall into the same routines which makes it hard to keep things fresh. Relationships need work and if you’re feeling like things have gotten a little “stale” there are always things you can do to reignite that spark! These are a few of my favourite ways to spice up your relationship.
How to spice up your relationship
- Spend quality time together. Plan a date night with a fun, new activity, Put the phones away and focus on each other.
- Make them feel special. Do something for them that makes them feel like you really care and are listening to them. ie. Surprise them with flowers
- Cook together. This can be such a fun activity if you’re both into it! Find a recipe that you’ll both enjoy making, open a bottle of wine and get your hands a little dirty. Try adding in some aphrodisiacs, like oysters or chocolate, to add a little romance.
- If your sex life has slowed down, work on setting the mood. I get it – you both get busy and have other things on the go, so this doesn’t feel like as much of a priority. Set the mood with candles and sexy music so they know exactly what you’re looking for
- Get sweaty – try exercising together! It’s a way to boost endorphins and get that heart pumping. Try a yoga class, get dancing or get outside for a run.
- Work on your cocktail skills! Pick up a few different ingredients and try your hands at playing bartender for tonight. Make things a little more exciting and turn it into a cocktail competition to see who can make the best drink!
- Recreate your first date! Find little ways to bring your first date back to life, whether that means returning to the spot where it first began, listening to music that reminds you of that night or trying to make a dish you had. It’s a fun way to bring back those first-night butterflies and remind yourselves of why you got to know each other in the first place.
Hopefully, these tips will help you to spice up your relationship. What other things have worked for you?
Need a little help navigating a new relationship? Discover our date coaching packages today!