Let’s face it; dating this year was difficult. Meeting new people was made way more challenging due to the pandemic, but that doesn’t mean you need to give up if you’re searching for Mr. or Mrs. Right! I’m sharing some New Year’s Resolutions for singles that might make a difference for you in 2021. Read on to learn more!
New Year’s Resolutions for Singles
- Try virtual speed dating! Since meeting new people the traditional way is off the table, for the most part, virtual speed dating is a great way to connect with new singles safely from the comfort of your couch. Single in the City has lots of great virtual events planned for 2021 – check them out now!
- Figure out what you’re really looking for. You don’t have to know exactly what you’re looking for and don’t want to get too specific, but take some time to think about what you really want in a partner and keep this in mind when meeting new people. They don’t have to tick every box, but make sure they have the qualities that are most important for you.
- Clean up your online dating profile. If you’ve been trying different dating apps but haven’t been getting much attention, it might be time to clean your profile up to make it more appealing to other singles. Follow my tips to create a great online dating profile and get ready to start swiping!
- Love yourself first. Think about the things that are holding you back when it comes to dating; as Rupaul says, “If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell are you going to love someone else?” There’s truth in that – do things that make you happy. Focus on the parts of yourself that you love. You’re amazing and you deserve to be with someone that can recognize your worth.
- Learn from your past. Do you keep making the same mistakes over and over when it comes to dating? Do you keep dating the same type and can’t figure out why it won’t work out? Think about the things from past relationships that haven’t worked and learn how to move on from them. Change starts with you!
- Give people a chance. Sure, we talked about having a “checklist” of things to look for in a potential partner, but don’t count someone out if they aren’t your type on paper right off the bat. If something about them interests you, give them a chance and set up a phone call or video chat. You never know what you might miss out on if you’re too picky and set your standards at an impossible level.
- Video chat! With dating being a little more difficult, don’t be afraid to set up a video chat or a phone call. It’s a great way to get more comfortable with someone before meeting in person.
- Step outside your comfort zone. If the usual methods aren’t working for you or you don’t have the time to put into online dating, give matchmaking a try.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. If you keep meeting people that aren’t right for you or don’t seem to be making progress, it’s okay. Try not to get too into your head. This leads right into the last resolution…
- Be patient. This is one of the most important ones. You’re not on a deadline and things are moving differently right now. Give yourself some time. Be patient and let things happen naturally.
What other New Year’s Resolutions for singles do you think are important to keep in mind?