Let’s face it; being ghosted sucks. Most of us have been there at some point – you’re putting effort into getting out there, you’ve made a profile that you’re excited to show off, and you’ve been chatting with new people that you’re excited to get to know. The conversation is going great and you think you’re making progress with someone and then one day they just disappear. Maybe they just stop responding and move on. Maybe they’ve deleted their profile completely. Either way, you’re not getting anything back and you know what’s going on – you’ve been ghosted. These are some tips that will help you deal with this situation so you can give online dating another try.
What keep in mind if you’ve been ghosted
- If you suspect you’ve been ghosted, leave it alone – accept that it has happened. If they have ghosted you, they aren’t coming back. If something has come up and they just aren’t able to connect, they’ll reach out when they can.
- Don’t take it personally or internalize this. This isn’t about you or something you’ve done – it’s about them and their character.
- Keep in mind that someone who wants to be in a relationship with you won’t ghost you. It’s better to find this out now before you get more invested.
- Don’t continue to feed the experience energy. Make space and room for something better to enter your life.
- Focus on you. Much like after a breakup, you’ll probably have feelings of inadequacy or guilt that you could have done something differently after you’ve been ghosted – push those away and focus on your happiness and needs, so that you can get back into things feeling confident.
If you’ve been ghosted, it can be tough to move on; I hope that these tips can help you get back out there even if you’ve had a bad experience. There’s someone out there for you!
Struggling with online dating? Try our Dating Overhaul date coaching package to give your online dating life a boost!