TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully (the “Terms”), as they form the contract between you and Single in the City Dating Inc. (the “Company” “we” “our”). If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not use the Company’s services (the “Services”) and should not proceed to register. Once you have completed your online registration submission and your membership has been activated, you will be entered into a legally binding contract for the provision of our Services (the “Contract”).
In the statement below the term “you” “user” “registrant” “client” or “member” shall represent the client and the term “we” or “our” or “admin” shall represent Single in the City Dating Inc.
Single in the City Events
– Terms, conditions and warranties
1. Single in the City Dating Inc. does not do background checks or screen participants of our events in any way. You the participant, agree to release Single in the City Dating Inc. and its partners from any liability. You the client assume the full responsibility and risk in attending and participating in any Single in the City Dating Inc. events. You release Single in the City Dating Inc. from any liability and take full responsibility regarding any person you meet at a Single in the City Dating Inc. event and/or any event or situation arising between yourself and someone you met through Single in the City Dating Inc.
2. You waive any and all liability against Single in the City Dating Inc. in regards to any meetings or dates outside of our events with someone you met at a Single in the City Dating Inc. event and any situations that may arise out of your meeting.
3. Your participation in a Single in the City Dating Inc. event is at your own risk and you agree to waive any and all liability against Single in the City Dating Inc., our directors, our hosts and employees, the venue the event is held at, venue staff, sponsors or advertisers associated with the event or Single in the City Dating Inc.
4. Each individual registrant participating in an event/activity is solely responsible for their own safety before, during and after the activity/event takes place. Single in the City is not liable for any stolen or lost items during this activity/event, including any items left behind afterwards. Each individual agrees that if intoxicated, they will not operate a motorized vehicle upon leaving an activity/event. Single in the City employees, tour guides, hosts or drivers reserve the right to remove any person displaying inappropriate or disruptive behaviour and/or acts in a manner that we deem rude, threatening, indecent or offensive and/or anyone causing a threat to the safety of other individuals. Each individual is solely responsible for the use of any equipment during an activity/event and responsible for the repair and replacement of any broken, lost or stolen items during or after the activity/event. Once registered and before, during and after any person’s participation in this activity/event, Single in the City and their employees, owners or shareholders will be relieved from any liability and responsibility for any claims for loss, damage, injuries, criminal or civil litigation for/from the registrant/member/ individual resulting from any activity/event.
5. Single in the City Dating Inc reserves the right to remove anyone from an event if their behaviour is non-compliant with our rules and regulations or acts in a manner that we deem rude, threatening, indecent, offensive or inappropriate.
6. By participating in any Single in the City Dating Inc. event, you give us permission to forward and share your online dating profile (should you have one) and/or your first name, last initial, email address and if you choose via your online account preferences a consented phone number and /or photograph (as uploaded by you) to your mutual matches (a mutual match is when you select yes for a participant who also selected yes for you). We do not take any responsibility for markings on your match card made by you that were inaccurate resulting in a match where your online dating profile, first name, last initial, email address, consented phone number and/or image was exchanged. We will not forward your email address or consented phone number to any other persons in attendance at the event other than your mutual matches without your permission.
7. Single in the City Dating Inc. offers a “no picks” guarantee at our speed dating events. The guarantee applies if you do not mark a “yes” for anyone on your match card when that card is handed in following the event. In this case the registrant will receive one complimentary speed dating event code that can be used within 90 days following the attended event. The “no picks” guarantee does not apply to the case of “no matches” in where you have selected yes for someone but it was not of mutual consent. The “no picks” guarantee ONLY applies if a registrant has paid in full for the event, participates in the full event and hands in a match card with no “yes’s” marked at the end of the evening. Single in the City Dating Inc. has the right to revoke our “no picks” guarantee policy at our own discretion. HOW TO REDEEM THE FREE EVENT: Once you have handed in your “no picks” match card, 48 hours following the event, you will log into the website and in MY EVENT MATCHES you will have received a FREE EVENT CODE from SITC. This code MUST be redeemed online by copying and pasting the code upon registering for another speed date. The code is valid for a 90 day period. There are no extensions on FREE events for any circumstances. There are NO cancellations on events that are booked using your free “NO PICKS” code, however, if cancelled within the 5 business days prior to the event date, you may transfer the free event to another event date that is within four (4) weeks of the event you are cancelling. We must be notified of your new event choice at the time of cancellation. The FREE “NO PICKS” event only applies to Speed Dating events. Free events are not transferable to other people.
8. In the case where Single in the City Dating Inc. issues a “Credit” (Credits are issued for the dollar value of a ticket that was purchased for an event that was either cancelled by Single in the City or by the client with adequate notice) an expiry date of 1-year from the date of issued applies. If no specific issue date is known, such credit offer will expire 1 (one) year from the date of the cancelled or unattended event in which the credit was offered. Single in the City Dating Inc. has the right to revoke any credit or free event from any user at any time at our own discretion.
9. In the case where Single in the City Dating Inc. has listed an event with specific details such as city, date, venue and age range and one or more of those items must be changed due to circumstances beyond our control (ie: weather, venue issues etc.) the clients will be notified of the change as soon as possible and the event may be postponed. In the event that a client cannot attend a new postponed date a “Credit” will be issued (Credits are for the dollar value of a purchased ticket that can be used at a future date). A “Credit” or refund may be issued (at SITC’s discretion) for changes in age range or city, if requested. However, if an event venue is changed but remains in the same city, no refunds or credits will be given, as the event will continue to run in the same city and same age range listed.
10. Single in the City Dating Inc. does not in any way guarantee the results of any Single in the City Dating Inc. event, we do not guarantee that participants will receive mutual matches or that dates or relationships will occur from any mutual matches received. You the participant understand and acknowledge that we provide an outlet and opportunity for you the client to meet other single people. We do not and cannot guarantee that each Single in the City client has supplied us with accurate and truthful information about their status or background as we do not do any background screening or checks. We do no guarantee any individual successful matches or the success of any match between two participants. Single in the City Dating Inc takes no responsibility in your mutual matches contacting you following the exchange of your contact information.
11. In the case of double speed dating events (ie: two events with different age groups held on the same date at the same venue) cancellations are not accepted based on attendance with a friend. ie. You register with a friend who is in the opposite age group and one of the age groups has to be cancelled for any reason, a refund/credit will not be applied if the event (group) you registered for is still running.
ACCESS AND USE OF WEB SITE
You are granted access to make personal use of the Single in the City web site and you are not allowed to download (other than page caching), modify or create a hyperlink to the web site, or any portion of it, except with the express prior written consent of Single in the City Dating Inc. or its business partners, as applicable.
You may not use the web site or its contents for any resale or commercial use; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of the web site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) that belongs to Single in the City, its business partners, their affiliates or any third party, without the prior written consent of Single in the City Dating Inc., its business partners, or such applicable third party.
You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing the name or trademarks of Single in the City Dating Inc., its business partners, or their third party providers and distributors, without each of their express prior written consents.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered illegal, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be in violation of any law and/or which could, in Single in the City’s reasonable discretion, violate the policies of the Single in the City web site.
Your account information as an event only member will not be public. As an online dating member and/or event and online dating member, your profile will be available to all persons who access the Single in the City web site; provided, however, that if you have entered your profile in connection with registration and participation in a Single in the City event, you may limit access to only those persons with whom you “matched” at that event, by changing your account preferences.
The Single in the City web site provides the ability to block messages from any other user by providing information on the user you want blocked. Participants at Single in the City speed dating events also have the ability to elect to block messages from other speed daters, at their event, for which they checked “no” on their scorecard. When blocking a user from contacting you, you will be requested to provide any complaints relating to such blocking (i.e. receipt of harassing e-mails, etc.). In the event that Single in the City receives complaints, with respect to any user, by more than three persons, Single in the City may, at its discretion, revoke such user’s account privileges, without notice or refund.
Any unauthorized use by you may result in the termination of your right to use the web site or participate in Single in the City Dating events, without refund of any monies paid by you.
Single in the City Dating Inc. reserves the right to terminate your use of any of the services provided on the Single in the City web site, for any reason, in its reasonable discretion.
You are solely responsible for your use of the Single in the City web site and protecting access by others to your account from your computer or other computers from which you access your account. Single in the City advises that you maintain the secrecy of all passwords and that you make sure that you logoff after each visit to the Single in the City web site.
MATERIALS YOU PROVIDE
In order to provide other attendees at Single in the City events that you participate in with more detailed information about you, you are encouraged to submit profile information on the Single in the City web site and post photos of yourself. Even if you have not attended a Single in the City event, you may submit profile information and photos on the Single in the City web site in order to maximize your online dating experience.
You are solely responsible for the content you post in your profile on the Single in the City web site. All information should be accurate and all photos should properly depict your image. In the event that Single in the City Dating Inc. discovers any profile which it believes contains intentionally false information and/or any photos that are not photos of you or do not properly depict your image, such profiles and photos will be deleted, without notice, and Single in the City Dating Inc., in its sole discretion, may revoke your account privileges, without notice.
You should not include any direct contact information (including, without limitation, your full name, personal email address, IM names, web addresses, street address, telephone numbers, etc.) in your profile. Any profiles that contain direct contact information may be deleted, without notice, at the discretion of Single in the City Dating Inc.
To the extent that Single in the City Dating Inc. in its reasonable discretion, deems any information or materials posted by a user of the Single in the City web site, including, without limitation, profile information, to violate any of these terms and conditions, Single in the City Dating Inc. shall have the absolute right to remove any of such information and/or materials posted by such user, without notice.
Any materials, including photos and videos, provided to Single in the City Dating Inc. will not be returned and will become the sole property of Single in the City Dating Inc.
Single in the City Forum & Blog Use
– Single in the City Forum and Blog General Rules:
• While ALL Single in the City members have automatic access to our forum and blog via their username and password, only members who use/access the forum can send/receive private messages. No personal information including email address will be accessible by anyone using the forum and blog. Users will be identified in the forum and blog by their nickname (as chosen by the user upon membership registration).
• We advise all members not to post any personal contact information or any information they do not wish viewable on the World Wide Web, to the public or other members on the forum. Any information posted by forum and blog users/Single in the City members on the forum and blog is done so at the users/members own risk and Single in the City Dating Inc. shall not be held accountable or liable for any actions resulting from the posting of personal information by Single in the City members/forum and blog users.
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
• Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts etc.
• Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
• Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
• Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general ‘how-to’ questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
• We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate Single in the City community standards. The Single in the City moderator shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
• Discussion of any illegal activities including software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
• Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
• While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor’s products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or solicitations for other services or products or slander of our services nor other services.
• We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
• If you are going to post non-English on our forum and blog, please also post an English Translation of your post or your post will be removed.
• Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure this forum and blog are not disrupted or abused in any way.
• You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
• You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
• We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum and blog rules, as access to our support forums and blogs are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system.
• Any threatening posts or posts of highly inappropriate nature could lead to your Single in the City membership being cancelled at anytime by the Administration and any threads/posts of these types will be deleted.
Any inappropriate images/avatars and any images/avatars that violate Single in the City community standards are strictly prohibited will be removed. The Single in the City Moderator shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include images/avatars about drugs and/or sex and/or violence and/or advertisements).
Advertising Services and Solicitation
Single in the City will not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, events, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and solicitation in signatures is also prohibited.
You should never give out your Single in the City Username or password to anyone. If you disclose this information to anyone else Single in the City cannot be held liable for any actions resulting from this action.
Links in Sigs
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines:
• Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not a product or service that competes with a product or service offered by Single in the City and it is not an affiliate program link for any other affiliate program.
• Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
• A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial or competitive and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate Single in the City community standards. The Single in the City Moderator shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex and other dating sites/services).
•Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.
One avatar/image can be posted with your forum profile. (See above paragraph Images regarding image/avatar rules).
Reporting inappropriate forum and blog use or private messages
Please do not post suspected inappropriate use by other members on the forum or blog. If you suspect inappropriate use or have been witness to someone violating the rules, posting or sending threats or other inappropriate actions via the forum or private message system; please contact the Forum Moderator OR Single in the City Admin. The name of the person submitting the report will always remain confidential.
Single in the City Membership (Event Service)
– Terms, conditions and warranties
This Contract will remain in full force and effect while you are a member to our Services and after your membership ends. You must agree to abide by all of the Terms contained in this Contract, as amended and updated from time to time and any and all related agreements in order to become or remain an authorized user of our Services. As used in this Contract, “you” means the user who will be using our services, “we”, “us” and “our” means the Company, Single in the City Dating Inc.
Right to Use
Your right to use our Services is subject to all the conditions, restrictions and limitations established by us, in our sole discretion. We may alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time, including the availability of any Service feature, database or content. We may limit certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
You must be at least twenty-one years old to register for Single in the City events and eighteen years old to use the Single in the City online dating web site. By using this web site or participating in Single in the City events, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
By registering for our Services, you represent and warrant that you are not married.
By registering for our Services, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony or indictable offence and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any governmental body.
You may not authorize others to use your membership and/or our Services, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You are responsible for logging out if your computer is accessible to others. This prevents unauthorized access to your account and registration information.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
You agree to indemnify us, our officers, directors, employees and agents, from any loss or damages, including without limitation any breach by you of this agreement or any charges made by other parties against you. You release us, our officers, directors, shareholders, employees and hosts from any liability or fault regarding any event or occurrence that caused you loss or damages or injury directly or indirectly from a match from a speed date, a profile match (these matches are recommended to you based on the information you provide in your profile) or date set up, organized, referred by Single in the City Dating inc., its matchmakers, hosts, dating coaches and employees, including any meetings, dates, circumstances, with someone you met through Single in the City Dating Inc. during your membership and after your membership. You agree to release Single in the City Dating Inc. and its business partners from any liability and assume the full responsibility and risk with respect to any person you meet at a Single in the City event or through the web site. We strongly encourage you to take the same precautions you would take in meeting any new person in order to assure your safety. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defence of any claim. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you; provided, however, that you shall remain liable for any such claim.
You also understand and acknowledge that Single in the City events are held at venues of which neither Single in the City Dating Inc. nor any of its business partners have any control. Therefore, in the event that you are injured or suffer damages in any regard at a Single in the City event, you agree to release Single in the City and its business partners from any liability with respect thereto, unless such damages result directly from the actions of any employee or agent of Single in the City Dating Inc. or its business partners.
All participants in Single in the City events understand and acknowledge that Single in the City Dating Inc. provides a fun and exciting method of meeting new people. Single in the City does not guarantee that any participant will successfully match with any other participant at a speed dating event or meet anyone at any other Single in the City event. Additionally, Single in the City does not guarantee that any match between participants will be successful. Furthermore, Single in the City Dating Inc. does not guarantee that the use of the Single in the City web site and the online dating services provided thereon will result in introductions or actual dates.
All communications between participants through the Single in the City Dating Inc. website are conducted by email, unless you have authorized Single in the City to give out your phone number to your speed dating matches. Single in the City Dating Inc. does not screen private emails between participants and is not responsible or liable for any of the content contained in such communications. Additionally, Single in the City does not scan any of such emails or text communications for computer viruses, and highly recommends that all participants operate anti-virus software whenever engaged in email communication of any kind.
NO CRIMINAL CHECKS, NO BACKGROUND CHECKS – We are not responsible for, nor do any of our Services entail performing criminal checks and/or background checks of registrants of our Services. By registering for our Services, you represent and warrant that we have no obligation, legal or otherwise, to perform a criminal check or background check of any registrant or prospective registrant of our Services.
MEDIA AUTHORIZATION AND RELEASE
Single in the City Dating Inc,, along with certain permitted third parties including, without limitation, representatives of the television, radio, print and online media, may photograph and/or make audio/video recordings of any of the Single in the City events and the Single in the City Website. By attending and participating in any Single in the City event, posting a profile on the Single in the City Website, each participant agrees to permit the taking of any such photographs and to be recorded in both audio and video media.
Each participant at a Single in the City event and user of the Single in the City Website also irrevocably authorizes H Single in the City Dating Inc., its agents, representatives, successors and assigns to use in perpetuity, throughout the world, in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of photographs and audio/video recordings in which such participant appears, and any comments, statements or testimonials made by such participant, while attending a Single in the City event or while the user maintained a profile on the Single in the City Website. Such photographs or audio/video recordings may be used by Single in the City Dating Inc., its agents, representatives, successors and/or assigns for any legal purpose including, without limitation, marketing and advertising of Single in the City events or products, or for editorial purposes.
No person shall be entitled to any compensation in connection with the use and exploitation of any photographs or audio/video recordings.
Each participant at a Single in the City event and user of the Single in the City Website irrevocably releases Single in the City Dating Inc., its principals, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, suits, liabilities, or damages which such person may have in connection with his or her attendance and/or participation in any Single in the City event or user of the Single in the City Website and the exploitation of photographs and/or audio/video recordings in any manner or format.
Single in the City Dating Inc. will not use a participant’s name or any other personally identifiable information unless such participant has specifically granted his or her consent, in writing, for such use.
You must provide accurate, current and complete information during registration. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your membership for inaccurate, untrue, deceptive and/or incomplete registration data. The information provided during the registration process will be kept confidential and will not be shared with any individual or third-party organization unless required by law. You must maintain and update your registration data to keep it accurate, current and complete.
You need to maintain a valid email address in our system throughout your membership period as we will contact you to notify about new messages and special promotions, or to communicate with you. If you would like not to be notified for new messages, this feature can be turned off. Your membership is subject to termination if an email sent to you is bounced back due to an invalid, expired or suspended email address.
Code of Conduct
You agree to use the Service in accordance with the following Code of Conduct:
1. You are solely responsible for the content or information you publish, display or otherwise communicate/post in any manner on our Services, or transmit to other registered users.
2. You will not post on our Service, or transmit to other registered users, or otherwise communicate any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually explicit, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, language, physical gestures or any material that infringes or violates another party’s rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). Furthermore you will not take actions to promote the physical harm or harassment of another person, engage in or promote spamming, provide information that you know is illegal, false or misleading, or designed to exploit those under 19 years of age or otherwise provide instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone else’s right to privacy or providing or creating computer viruses.
3. Your interaction with other registered users is entirely at your own risk and you are solely responsible for such interaction. You understand that we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of information provided to you by or about other registered users, and that we are unable to confirm that any registered user is who he or she claims to be. You agree to take normal precautions when meeting individuals through our Services. In addition, you agree to review and follow the recommendations that we set forth, from time to time, to better protect your safety.
4. You will use our Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable local, municipal, provincial, federal, national and international laws and regulations. Membership in, and use of, our Services is void where prohibited.
5. You will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to us or to any other registered member. If information provided to us, or another registered user, subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you will promptly notify us of such change.
6. You will only create one unique profile with our Services.
7. You will not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other registered users to buy or sell any products or services through our Services. You will not transmit any chain letters or junk e-mail to other registered users.
8. You will not post, copy, modify, transmit, show in public or private, create any derivative works from, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trade-marks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of the rights in such proprietary materials or information.
9. You understand that we make no representations, warranties or conditions, either express, implied or collateral, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through our Services or that the quality of our Services will meet your requirements.
10. You will promptly report to us any violation of these Terms by other registered users.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other participants at our events and/or through our Services. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other registered users.
Fees and Payments
A Single in the City Event membership is free.
Each individual event has a listed fee that requires full advance payment before your registration for the event is confirmed. Some events will have the option of door payment and that will be listed on each individual event description.
Indemnity by Member
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its partners, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, injuries, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable lawyers’ fees) relating to or arising out of your use of our Services, including any breach by you of these Terms.
Proprietary Rights and Limited License
All content on our website and available through our Services, including but not limited to designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the “Website Content”), are the proprietary property of the Company, its users or its licensors with all rights reserved. No Website Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission, except that the foregoing does not apply to your own content (“User Content”) that you legally post on our website. Provided that you are eligible for use of website, you are granted a limited license to access and use our website and the Website Content and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Website Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact. Except for your own User Content, you may not upload or republish Website Content on any Internet, Intranet or Extranet site or incorporate the information in any other database or compilation, and any other use of the Website Content is strictly prohibited. Such license is subject to these Terms and does not include use of any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods. Any use of our website or the Website Content other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppels, implication or otherwise. This license is revocable at any time without notice and with or without cause.
OWNERSHIP, COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
The content of the Single in the City web site is the property of Single in the City Dating Inc. Single in the City is duly formed in Canada under the laws of Canada and is qualified to do business in Canada.
All title, ownership and intellectual property rights, including the rights to copyrights, trademarks, service marks, tag lines and logos (collectively, the “Intellectual Property’) used on the web site are vested in Single in the City Dating Inc. Nothing contained on this web site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppels or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Intellectual Property without the written permission of Single in the City Dating Inc. that owns such Intellectual Property.
You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, products, services or any portion of any material obtained from the Single in the City web site, nor may you use any of the Intellectual Property in connection with any other service without the express written consent of Single in the City Dating Inc.
Either you or the Company may terminate your account at any time, for any reason or no reason, without explanation, effective upon sending written notice to the other party. We reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate your access to our Services, without notice, if in our sole discretion we believe you have violated any of these Terms. In the event your access to our Services is suspended due to a breach of any of these Terms, you agree that all fees then paid to us by you shall be non-refundable. Following any termination hereof, we reserve the right to send a notice that your access to our Services has been terminated to other registered users with whom you have corresponded.
THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES PUBLISHED ON THIS SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. WE MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES TO THIS SITE FROM TIME TO TIME. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON THIS SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
Limitation of Liability
WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF OR BROWSING OF THIS WEB SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO OR AUDIO FROM THIS SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS, THEIR AFFILIATES OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IS ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (I) ANY USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR CONTENT FOUND ON THIS SITE, (II) ANY FAILURE OR DELAY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY COMPONENT OF THIS WEB SITE) OR (III) THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE BY US, OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS, THEIR AFFILIATES OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR DISTRIBUTORS, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
If, notwithstanding the foregoing, we, our business partners, their affiliates or any third party provider or distributor should be found liable for any loss or damage, with respect to the use of our Services or in connection with any of our events, for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, such damages shall not exceed, in the aggregate, the fees paid by you and/or the damaged person for our Services.
Links to Third Party Sites
This web site may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other web sites or resources. These links are provided to you as a convenience and not as an endorsement by us of such other web sites. We have no control over such sites and resources and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or materials relating to such other sites, or for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such sites or resources. If you decide to access other web sites, you do so at your own risk.
To resolve a complaint regarding our Service, you should contact us directly at 1-866-740-7482 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any failure by us to enforce this Contract, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of any right to do so at any time. You agree that if any portion of this Contract is held invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect.
This Contract shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, any claim, dispute or controversy (whether in contract or tort, pursuant to statute or regulation, or otherwise, and whether pre-existing, present or future) arising out of or relating to: (a) this Contract; (b) our Services; (c) oral or written statements, or advertisements or promotions relating to this Contract or our Services; or (d) the relationships that result from this Contract (a “Claim”) will be determined by final and binding arbitration to the exclusion of the courts. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you expressly agree to waive any right you may have to commence or participate in any class action against us related to any Claim and, where applicable, you also agree to opt out of any class proceeding against us.
Where applicable, arbitration will be conducted on a simplified and expedited basis by one arbitrator pursuant to the current laws and rules relating to commercial arbitration in the Province of Ontario. If you prevail against us on the merits of any Claim that you assert, we will pay all reasonable costs associated with any such arbitration. You agree that the arbitrator will also have the discretion to award costs against you if you commence arbitration proceedings against us but you do not prevail.