Lost your faith in dating? Feeling fatigued or overwhelmed with your dating life?
Dating is a journey and sometimes on that journey we need time to recharge our batteries so that we can re approach our dating lives with re-established confidence and optimism.
In situations where you’re hating your dating life and feeling run down, the best thing you can do is to take a break from dating and just focus back on yourself for a while.
How do you know if you need to take a break from dating?
Here are 10 signs you should take a break from dating:
- You’re exhausted: You are tired of going on dates and a lot of those dates are all first dates.
- You’re overwhelmed with your dating life: You feel pressure to settle down and forced to date.
- Dating is not fun for you anymore: Dating has become like a chore to you.
- You have a track record of dating the wrong people: You are dating people that are either of no interest to you or end up hurting you. It’s like a bad dream, the same bad dates and relationships keep following you.
- Your confidence is shattered: Because you haven’t found love yet, you have troubles believing it ever will. Take it a step further, you wonder if the reason you aren’t meeting anyone is because of you.
- You lack self-love: You have troubles articulating and believing what makes you so great, as a result, you struggle with thoughts of if you’re good enough.
- You’re just out of a relationship: Jumping from relationship to relationship runs the risk of carrying old baggage to new partnerships.
- You still have your ex on your mind: Resolving old feelings for your ex is important before entering into any new partnerships.
- You have a hate on for the opposite sex/you’re jaded: One sure fire way to ruin your dating experience is to generalize your previous dating experience with one person, to all of your future prospects.
- You have never really been single.
When you take a break from dating, it does not mean you will never date again. It does not stop Mr. or Ms. Right from coming in. When you take a break from dating, it provides an opportunity to take the pressure off for a bit. The last thing you want is to project negativity on to your dating prospects.