Are you ready to set yourself up for dating success this year? A new year is here and it’s time to start fresh. If you’re ready to make dating a priority this is a great time to make some adjustments, take a deeper look at what you want, and set dating resolutions that you can stick to.
We’ve pulled together a list of dating resolutions that you might want to consider this year. These will help you gain confidence, date more intentionally, and work towards finding your perfect partner.
8 Dating Resolutions to Make This Year
- Get over past relationships. Take a look at what went wrong, learn from it, and leave it in the past. You can’t make a new relationship work if you’re still hanging on to the last one.
- Change your mindset and think more positively when you’re single. Do any of these thoughts cross your mind? “There are no good men/women left.” “I’m too old” “I’m not attractive enough” “All men want is one thing” “I’m destined to be single forever” If this sounds like you then it’s time to change your mindset around dating. The way that you think and feel really affects how other people perceive you and you won’t attract or keep a healthy relationship. You need to change your attitude – attitude is everything! I get it. When you’re single, have gone through difficult breakups, or are stuck in painful relationship patterns, it’s hard to have a positive attitude. And that’s why it’s important to do the inner work needed to create the love life you deserve. When you have a good attitude, all your thoughts, words and actions become aligned with what you want to create for yourself. I invite you to write this out on a card and keep it near your bed or computer: “MY LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO ME AND 90% HOW I REACT TO IT.”
- Get outside help! There are so many people you can turn to when it comes to working on your love life, starting with your family and friends. Get them to look at your profile, help you pic pics, and vet dates – they often see you in a way that you don’t see yourself and can share more insight about why you’re such a good catch. Of course, there’s also professional help like life coaches, dating coaches, and mentors. A coach will keep you focused on the goals while making sure that your self-doubt and fear don’t get in the way. Dating can be disappointing and stressful and without the right support, you can become disheartened or even depressed. Get help if you are struggling!
- Get out there and join some groups! Not only can you meet new people who share similar interests, but you can also make new friends, become a better conversationalist and work on your social skills.
- Be a yes person. Join your friends if they’re heading to a bar. Make it a habit to meet so many people per week – have conversations with people everywhere you go. A good rule of thumb? If someone asks you out and you’re unsure and are teetering on the verge of yes, just go for it. Take chances!
- Be confident in your appearance and the way you present yourself. Start eating well and exercising – even if it’s only 20 minutes to get your body moving. Go shopping. Find things that fit and flatter you. If you’re not a fashionable person get some help – store clerks are there to help! Don’t do it on your own if you feel uncomfortable.
- Be the person you want to date. Focus on the areas of your life that you want to work on and put a plan in place to improve – not just for future suitors but for you as well!
- Always take the shot. No one is going to do it for you. Push yourself to go after new things. Every time you tell yourself you’re not good enough or you can’t do it you’re wasting your chance to be the best you can be.
Which dating resolutions will you be making this year?