Are they the right person for you is a question you should be asking yourself every time you go out with someone new. In the pursuit of love and partnership we sometimes overlook a lot of the red flags that our dates present us with.
We want to see the best in people and we even want to believe that they can change for us.
As adults, the likelihood of someone changing for you is slim to none. You’re dating the person they are and will be likely for the rest of their lives. If you don’t like who they are today or it doesn’t meet your ideals of what you’re looking for in a partner, now is the time to walk away.
Ask yourself these questions about your date to answer this question, Are they the right person for you?
- Are you constantly wondering if your date will call?
- Do you feel like he/she doesn’t make time for you?
- Is your date unwilling to commit right now?
- Does he/she make you feel guilty about going out with your friends from time to time?
- Does your date disappear on you and then return, only to tell you how much he/she loves you and missed you?
- Do you feel like he/she could be dating someone else on the side?
- Is your date unwilling to fully open up to you?
- Do you feel like there is a virtual wall between both of you, hindering you from getting to know them?
- Do you feel as if you’re sacrificing more then they are?
- Do you feel that the relationship is one-sided?
- Are you giving up future wants and needs for the sake of this date?
I’ll stop here.
If you have to question it and your intuition is telling you something is not right, it likely isn’t.
If your date is making you feel stressed all the time, where is the fun in that? There are plenty of people out there for you who will not distress you and will make you feel safe, loved, wanted and respected. Always remember that when you start to settle for anything but what you deserve.
Your date should be bringing out the best in you, not the stress in you. If you’re date is not meeting your expectations, stop and ask yourself: Are they the right person for you!!