Spending time online dating can be tricky; you’re eager to meet some new people and to see if there are any sparks but you don’t want to waste time on those who aren’t interested. It might be one of the easiest ways to meet people right now but it definitely comes with its own challenges! Keep an eye out for these red flags – they might help you weed out the online dating time wasters so you can focus your time on people you can have a real connection with.
How to avoid online dating time wasters
- They won’t hop onto a video call – or even a phone call! If they keep putting off having a “face-to-face” chat, there’s a reason behind it. If they’re interested in getting to know you, they’ll be eager to jump on a call or video chat.
- They have nothing written in their bio. If they’re not putting in the effort to write a bio, there’s a good chance they aren’t putting the time in to build connections.
- They keep making excuses and won’t meet you. If you’ve been trying to make plans for a while and they keep making excuses every time it’s probably time to walk away. Spend your time on people who genuinely want to get to know you.
- They’re more interested in sex than anything else. If you’re just looking for a hookup then it might be a good fit; if you’re looking for a relationship, this isn’t where you’re going to find it.
- They keep coming and going. If they keep disappearing and showing up when they feel like it, they don’t have your best interests in mind.
- Your gut is telling you something. Here’s the deal: your gut never lies. If you have a bad feeling about someone there’s probably a good reason behind it. Trust yourself.
Hopefully, these tips will help you avoid online dating time wasters. What other red flags do you look out for?
Sick of online dating time wasters? Maybe it’s time to switch things up! Give our online speed dating events or matchmaking packages a try.