Blind dates can be both exciting and nerve-wrecking at the same time.
If you hit it off, then there’s nothing like it, but then again there is the off chance where things may turn out far from great, and you may find yourself stuck in the middle of a boring date for hours. Either way here are some tips that you could use if you are going out on a blind date.
- Give yourself an hour time frame for the date, if you have no connection with them than an hour is not too much time to spend with someone. If you really enjoyed your time together leave some excitement for a future date!
- First, find yourself a blind date. You can either ask around in your circle of friends to see if there is someone that they can set you up with OR you can use Single in the City to find yourself a prospective date through their Matchmaking Service. Pay a minimal membership fee and minimal service fee each time you are set up on a date. A Pay as you Play Concept!
- As far as choosing the date location goes, pick a coffee shop to be on the safer side. You do not want to find yourself in a situation where the date is a disaster and you have five more courses to go.
- Make sure you are open and genuinely warm to your date. Like it or not, most blind dates are awkward, as you are out on a date with a stranger. If you hit it off that’s great, and if you don’t you have a little life experience to take home anyway, and who knows you may even find a good friend in the process.
- It can be pretty confusing if you don’t know what to talk about on a blind date. Do your homework before you arrive at the date, so you learn a little more about your blind date. Of course, if your friends have set you up, it becomes easy to weasel out some information from them, but if you’ve found a date online, a quick search on search engines should pop out information that your date has shared on social media sites and such. Even if your date is boring or it seems unlikely that there is going to be a second date, don’t be rude to your date. Know that they have taken time off to be with you, and be respectful and pleasant.
- At the end of your blind date, make sure you let your date know whether you intend to see them again, don’t leave them hanging!
Make sure you go into the date with an open mind and try to have fun, and try not to walk out or stand up your date!