With meeting people and dating being such a virtual thing right now, it can be harder to flirt and send the right cues! The lack of a physical presence makes things a little tougher, but you can still show that you’re interested in someone through a video chat. These are some of my favourite ways to flirt during COVID and show interest through video!
How to flirt during COVID on a video call
- Ask important questions early – but have fun! Get to know them by asking about things that are important to you to see how they fit, but don’t get too serious about them until things move to the next stage.
- Don’t be afraid to joke around. It can be a little harder through the fun, but let your sense of humour show. Make them laugh – it gives you something else to connect over.
- Let your eyes do the talking. Be expressive! Make eye contact, smile.
- Compliment them; this is one of the easiest ways to flirt online and let them know you’re into them. Take a look through their profile and find things that you can compliment them on. Let them know about things you like about their personality, their style and more.
- Dress to impress, even though they’ll only see you through the screen! Dressing up little shows that you’re interested in and taking them seriously.
- Encourage them to talk about themselves. Getting them to open up about who they are shows them you care about what they have to say and that you want to get to know them better. Listening to them and showing that you’re into learning about their interests and passions is a great way to move things along.
- Think about your setting before a call – set yourself up in a space free of distractions so they can focus on you and vice versa.
- Ask them about unusual experiences! This is a really fun way to get to know them. Ask about the wildest thing they’ve done or the most famous person they’ve met.
Flirting during the pandemic might seem a little more tricky, but it isn’t doable! Make sure that you focus on them, make them feel special and find little ways to let your personality show through. If you work some of these tips into your video chat sessions, you’ll be able to let your flirty side show through! Get out there and give it a try – don’t be afraid to flirt during COVID. Virtual speed dating is a great way to put these skills to the test and to start making new connections. Check out my online speed dating events where you’ll be able to connect with singles safely and comfortably from home – you just might find that spark!