Short men and how they can attract taller women………….
We all have our criteria when it comes to dating; everything from whether or not he’s a smoker or drinker, to the colour of her eyes. We’re willing to overlook some of our preferences if there are more boxes ticked than not. However, when it comes to height, even if the rest of our criteria is met, most of us consider this preference a non-negotiable.
More than 50% of the woman I know say they would never date a man shorter than them. They all say they want to wear their four inch heels while walking arm in arm with a tall, strapping fellow who makes them feel feminine and secure. What’s a shorter man to do?
You’d be surprised how many Hollywood leading men are shorter than average, or shorter than they appear at least. Hollywood should come with a warning: IMAGES ON FILM ARE SMALLER THAN THEY APPEAR. But since time immemorial, all leading men have had the appearance of towering over their female co-stars, apple-carts were a wardrobe staple, they still are.
Many short men attribute their lack of dating success to their height, saying it cuts out 80 percent of the dating pool. This seems to be the one area where women don’t compromise when weeding out potential dates online. It’s the last acceptable dating prejudice and it’s entirely superficial. So much potential being squandered.
Did you know that only four percent of heterosexual couples feature a shorter man? This surprised me, so I decided to do some research on the ‘shorter-man/taller woman’ phenomenon to find a common theme and perhaps a tip or two for the single men and women out there who are limiting their dating options by reinforcing this ‘social norm.’
5 Tips for Short Men:
- Self-confidence makes you appear taller. CONFIDENCE is the one attribute every woman finds irresistible. It cannot be faked, it cannot be falsely obtained, it has to be genuine and worn like a comfortable pair of jeans. There are several things you can do to boost your confidence, we have discussed many on this blog and there is much more coming in my soon to be released book, so I won’t go into more detail now.
- Sense of Humour. Someone with a good sense of humour is always a pleasure to be around. You add that to a self-confident man and he becomes irresistible.
- DO NOT try to compensate by wearing lifts, or any other sneaky tricks of the eye, this advertises your insecurity and makes everyone uncomfortable. It’s the equivalent of the balding man’s comb-over, just don’t do it.
- Don’t bring attention to the height disparity, even if it’s in a self-deprecating joke, don’t make it an issue and it won’t be one.
- Be chivalrous. Open the door for her, Help her step out of the car, put your arm around her waist and lead her into a room (not forcefully of course) – these actions will reinforce her feeling of femininity.
And here are some facts you might not know:
- Short men have a longer life expectancy
- Short men are less likely to get divorced
- Short men tend to earn more money
- Short men tend to do a greater share of housework.
In this day and age when we are shattering stereotypes and trying to be a more inclusive society, let’s not overlook the possibilities of expanding our relationship options, having more options is always a good thing.