Online dating is one of the best ways to meet new people right now. I personally prefer meeting people the old fashion way but that’s not an option really right now due to COVID so we need to do what we can. What works right now? Going online or checking out a virtual speed dating event (by the way, you can check out our upcoming singles events here!). Of course, meeting people online is only part of it – you also need to know how to make your online dating conversations more exciting so you get a response!
If you are dating online, how you reach out to people has a lot to do with getting a response. You need to make sure that you stand out from the crowd, so let’s go over some conversation starters or questions that will grab their attention and get things off to a great start. Let’s get those online dating conversations going!
How to make your online dating conversations more exciting
Some people get bombarded with messages and it’s easy for them to miss them when their inbox is full. You want to cut through all the clutter in their inbox and the best way to do that is to spark an emotional response with your opening line.
When your icebreaker makes them feel something, you’ve created an instant connection and that makes it more likely they’ll invest their time and reply. This is why messages like “hey” or “hi” fail; why would that pique someone’s interest when they have 10 of the same message lined up?
So try these to start your online dating conversations:
- Ask a question – like “what would you rather” or “what is your favourite” – give them a few to choose from. It’s a fun way to get to know them right off the bat.
- Get to know their adventurous side – ask about the most exciting thing they’ve ever done!
- Find out about their travel style – what is their dream vacation?
- You want to take a look at their pictures and interests to find things you might have in common and start off by asking about them. For example, if they have pictures of their dog and you’re a dog lover, start with that!
- Throw in a compliment! If something in their profile stood out to you, compliment them on it.
- Ask about their hobbies and interests. Showing interest in their lifestyle is a great way to let them know that you would truly like to get to know them.
Don’t be afraid to get deep after you’ve been chatting for a little while! I also want to hear from you – is there something that has worked for you in the past? Let me know in the comments so we can share!
Need help with online dating? Check out our date coaching packages for advice and profile help!