Every single who wants to meet someone should take the time to open an online dating profile on an online dating site, and it’s in your best interest to post a few good pictures of yourself. Online dating pictures really tell a lot about a person and a great first impression is key.
Here is a checklist for you to follow for your online dating pictures:
- Online dating pictures should be recent (within a year old)
- Make sure that you still look like your picture and if you’ve gained (or lost) 20 pounds, then you should take and post a new picture.
- Online dating pictures should be of you and not scenery shots of where you’ve travelled, travel picture are great-just make sure you’re in them!
- Post what you would consider to be your best pictures and ask someone you trust for their opinion, if it’s not too much trouble.
- Make sure you have a few online pictures that are close-ups so people can see what you really look like.
- Make sure you have at least one full body shot
- Make sure your online pictures are clear, not blurry and are the right side up, not sideways!
- Don’t wear sunglasses
- Don’t pose with kids or babies
- Don’t post online pictures of you and your ex or someone of the opposite sex (crop the pictures or find someone that can edit them for you).
- Don’t post a picture of a good looking celebrity because that’s pointless and the people you want to contact you, won’t.
- People want to see what you currently look like and not what you used to look like. If you end up meeting up with someone and look totally different than your picture, you might be wasting your time as they will not be impressed.
- If you’re looking for more than just sex, than wear clothes in your pictures.
Next time you post your online dating pictures, follow these tips as they can determine the difference between a positive and negative online experience. Finding no luck online dating? Try our Online Dating Management Service to maximize your chances of meeting someone online!