Making that perfect online dating profile that will attract attention and let your personality shine is so important, especially when you’re just getting started. How you set up your profile changes who will be interested in getting to know you better – play up your interests and let them know the real you! Follow these steps to make your online dating profile stand out.
How to make your online dating profile stand out
- Ask your friends for help – they know you better than anyone else and can help you think of great things to include that you might miss!
- Look at other profiles, especially if you’re newer to online dating. You’ll pick up on good things to include and what not to do.
- Avoid cliches – Sure, we all like long walks on the beach, but we don’t want to hear about that. Share interesting tidbits about yourself that set you apart from everyone else.
- Update your profile regularly to reflect updates & changes. If you’re into some new hobbies or have fun updates add them in. Make sure you update your pictures regularly as well especially if you are not getting many hits.
- Show them the real side of you – include a variety of photos that let them see who you are and what you’re interested in. Add some action shots, pics of you doing things you love, a shot with your pet – anything that gives a good look into your life
- Think of a fun headline! This is a great way to catch attention right off the bat. You only have a few seconds to grab someone’s attention right away, so make them count.
- Avoid negativity – stay positive about yourself and what you’re looking for. Avoid saying “I don’t like this” and focus on what you’re interested in.
- Get a little wacky! Have an interesting fact or tidbit about yourself! Include it – it’s a great conversation starter!
Hopefully, these tips will help to make your online dating profile stand out. Need more hands-on help? Check out our dating overhaul package and make a splash online!